** Prep time: 12 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
1 Bunch American Kale (Curly)
1/2 Red Apple
¼ Cup of Roasted Peanuts
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
Salt to taste
- Squeeze the 2 lemons into a bowl.
- Add the 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix well.
- Remove the ribs of the kale, and then finely chop them.
- Soak them in room temperature water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water out of the kale leaves and massage the leaves with salt until the colour changes.
- Slice the apple into thin long pieces and add them to the kale.
- Semi crush the roasted peanuts and add it to the mix.
- Drizzle your dressing over the salad.
- Add salt to taste.
*image of final dish
- Don’t make it too early or else the kale gets pretty soggy.
- If you put it in the fridge before serving, make sure you taste it before setting it on the table to confirm the flavours
- You may use cherry tomatoes as a garnish to add some colour.
Happy Chopping !