** Prep time: 60 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
4 tblsp of Tahini (Sesame Paste)
4 tblsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 packet of American Kale (Curly)
1 Cup of Chickpeas
1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
1 tsp of White Sesame Seeds
½ Bowl of Pomegranate
¼ Red Bell Pepper
¼ Cup of Roasted Pine Nuts
- Mix the olive oil into the tahini
- Squeeze the lime juice into the mix
- Stir well in order to get a runnier consistency
- Soak the chickpeas for an hour and put them into a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Once they are ready, take them out of the pressure cooker and then boil them till they are edible.
- Put them in the fridge to cool.
- Soak the kale in a tub of room temperature water for 15 minutes.
- Rib the leaves, cut them into pieces and massage them with salt until the colour brightens
- Open the pomegranate, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and cut the avocado and red bell peppers into long thin pieces
- Add all of the ingredients into the kale and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Toss the salad and add salt to taste.
- Make sure the dressing is a runny consistency or else it won’t mix into the salad.
- The longer you leave the dressing in, the more it sits in the leaves
- If you refrigerate, double check the flavours as they tend to wear off