** Prep time: 25 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
3 Cups of Black Soy Beans
3 Fresh Jalapenos
2 1/2 Cups of Black Soy Bean Flour
2 Cups of Yellow Cheddar
1 1/2 Cups of Water
1 Cup of Diced Red, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers
1/2 Cup of Arrowroot Flour
Salt to taste
- Mix the black soy bean flour with water and knead it into a dough. (Be warned that it is a little stickier than normal)
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Pat your rolling surface down with arrowroot flour to make control the stickiness.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out into equal sized flat tortillas.
- Heat the tortilla on a flat pan.
- Precook the black soy beans in a cooker for 5 whistles. Once they are out, boil the beans.
- Dice the bell peppers and chop the jalapenos.
- Put 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a flat pan and place one tortilla on it.
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese, and then add the beans, bell peppers and jalapenos.
- Top it off with some more cheese and then place another tortilla on top.
- Heat the quesadilla, flip it so that it is well cooked on both sides and the cheese melts to hold the quesadilla together.
- Take it off the pan and cut it into wedges.
- Make a tomato salsa or a salsa verde to eat with the quesadilla and dollop a little bit of sour cream onto the wedges.
- You may sprinkle some lettuce for crunch.