** Prep time: 10 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
12 Green Asparagus
1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup of Sliced Almonds
1/2 Cup of Edamame Beans
1/4 Cup of Parsley
1/8 Cup of Peanuts
Salt to taste
- Cut the spears off of the asparagus and then slice the rest of it at a slant leaving out the woody ends.
- Saute the almonds. When they start toasting, add the asparagus slices and spears.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Drop the parsley, lime, olive oil, peanuts and a pinch of salt into a blender and make a pesto of it.
- Serve the asparagus as the base, add the almonds, edamame beans and pesto dressing over it.
- Make sure you do not overcook the asparagus!
- You may add some spinach to the pesto.