** Prep time: 15 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
1 tsp of Cloves
1 Bay Leaf
1 Celery Stick
3/4 Cup of Red Lentils
Salt to taste
- Cook the red lentils in a rice cooker for 3 whistles and then bring them to a boil.
- Once the lentils start boiling, throw in the chopped carrot and celery (stem and leaves).
- Add a pinch of salt, the cloves and the bay leaf.
- As the lentils and vegetables are boiled, grind it all with a hand mixture.
- If it is too thick, add some hot water and stir well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Do not pair this with a very heavy meal as the soup tends to get quite filling.
- Scallions would compliment the recipe well but make sure to add very little to keep from overpowering the other flavours.
Spice it up!