** Prep time: 60 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
3 Fresh Jalapenos
3 Fresh Limes
3 tblsp Cajun Spices
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Cup of Sour Cream
½ Cup of Tricolor Quinoa
½ Red Onion
½ Cup of Black Kidney Beans
½ Cup of Black Soya Beans
¼ Red, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (each)
¼ bunch of Cilantro
¼ Cup of Red Cabbage
¼ Cup of White Cabbage
¼ Cup of Grated Cheddar
¼ Cup of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Salt to taste
Layer 1 (from the bottom) Bean Mix:
- Soak the black kidney and soybeans for at least 3 hours
- Put the soaked beans into the cooker for 5 whistles
- Take the beans out, sauté them in 1 clove of garlic and semi mash them so that there is a pasty, yet rocky texture
- Boil ¼ of a diced tomato and make a puree out of it
- Sauté a small amount of diced bell peppers in all three colours
- Add the pureed tomato, sautéed bell peppers and 2 tsp of cajun spices into the bean mix.
- Add salt to taste.
Layer 2 (from the bottom) Mexican “Rice”:
- Soak the quinoa for 15 minutes and then boil it as you would prepare pasta.
- Drain the water out of the quinoa and following into the pan:
- 2 tblsp of sautéed, diced bell peppers in all the colours
- 2 tblsp of diced tomatoes
- 2 tblsp of the prepared bean mix from layer 1
- 2 tblsp of diced red onion
- 1 tblsp of the fresh jalapenos
- 1 tblsp of the cajun spices
- salt to taste
- stir for a while till the flavours of all the added things have blended well into the quinoa
Layer 3 (from the bottom) Sour Cream:
- Use store bought sour cream
Layer 4 (from the bottom) Guacamole:
- Cut open the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Take the fruit out of its skin and cut it in a rash manner creating a pasty texture
- Dice half a tomato into the avocado along with one jalapeno and ¼ of a red onion
- Finely chop half of the cilantro and mix it into the guacamole along with freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add salt to taste
Layer 5 (from the bottom) Salsa:
- Dice 2 tomatoes and push against them with the flat surface of a for in order to squeeze out some juice.
- Add some fresh squeezed lime juice, ½ diced jalapeno, finely chopped cilantro, ¼ red onion and salt to taste
Layer 6 (from the bottom) Salad:
- Finely chop the red and white cabbage.
- Add scallions
Layer 7 (from the bottom) Deconstructed Nachos:
- Sprinkle a mix of the grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the chips.
- Spread each layer evenly in a glass bowl in order to get enough of each of the flavours
- Serve it with flat tortilla bread or nacho chips
- Layer it in whichever order you feel best, however, make sure to place the heavier layer at the bottom.