** Prep time: 25 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
2 Cups of Unpitted Dates
2 Cups of Rolled White Oats
2 tblsp of Ground Cinnamon Powder
2 tblsp of Chia Seeds
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Red Apple
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Pods
1/2 Cup of Pecans
1/2 Cup of Dried Coconut Powder
1/2 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
1/2 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp of Olive Oil
Pinch of salt
- Pre- heat the oven to 180°C.
- Puree the dates, granny smith apple and half of the red apple in a food processor.
- Lay out the oats, coconut powder, pecans and sunflower seeds onto an oven tray so that it is one flat layer. Toast them in the oven for 15 minutes (just enough to redden).
- Throw the toasted ingredients into the food processor along with your apple and date puree. Add the nutmeg, vanilla pod and 1 and a half tblsp of the cinnamon powder and blend all the ingredients.
- Grease your oven tray with the 1/2 tsp of olive oil and lay out your mix. Make sure to flatten and make it into a decent shape so that it is easy to cut. (You may use a mould for this if you wish to)
- Create an apple cinnamon puree in the food processor with the remaining apple and cinnamon powder and lay it out onto your “bar batter”.
- Pop it into the oven for 15-20 minutes, and let it bake!
- Let it cool for a bit after taking it out of the oven, and then refrigerate.
- This recipe works for a softer bar. In order to get more crunch, add one more cup of oats and make the date puree thinner with water.
- Pack them in little pieces of brown paper