** Prep time: 15 minutes
** Serves: 4 people
4 Nori Sheets (Seaweed)
3 tblsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cups of Quinoa
1 tblsp of Black and White Sesame Seeds
1 Mango (I have used Alphonso for this recipe, but you can use any really)
1/2 Cup of Toasted Peanuts
- Pre soak the quinoa for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can dice your mango into fairly small cubes or chop them into thin longer pieces and toast your peanuts till they give off a warm red colour.
- Semi crush your peanuts.
- Bring the pre-soaked quinoa to a complete boil and then completely drain the water out so that the moisture does not get into the way when preparing your Suqui Rolls.
- Add the sesame seeds and apple cider vinegar into your puffed quinoa.
- Toast your nori sheets for a few seconds, cut them in half and then lay them flat onto a sushi rolling mat.
- Spread the quinoa evenly around the mat and then make a straight line down the middle using the diced mango and roasted peanuts.
- Using the mat for support, roll the sheet into a tight Suqui roll- Do not roll the mat into the suqui. Keep moving the mat every time one end of the suqui folds into the other.
- Divide the roll into 6 equal pieces and cut it up.
- Soy Sauce, Ginger and Wasabi can be used for topping the suqui up.
- Make sure your roll is filled enough and tightly rolled or else it will fall apart.
- You can replace the mango for avocado and add a piece of fresh jalapeno for spice.
Quin You Do It?!